Want to eliminate lingering scents left by pets? Discover how to remove dog and cat smell in the home, and tips and suggestions here!
How to Eliminate Pet Odours from Soft Furnishings
It is tricky to know how to find pet smell out of soft furnishings, since cats and dogs love to spend a great deal of time sitting or lying back on comfy chairs and sofas, but if you apply the simple method below at least one time a week, you will soon have it under control. (Remember to check the care label of your own furnishings prior to applying any therapy.)
First, you want to give the chair or sofa a thorough vacuum to get rid of any skin or hair cells which have adhered to the surface of the cloth.
Next, scatter your pet's favourite area with baking soda and make it to absorb some unsavoury smells over night. (This can also be perfect for removing cat or dog urine odor after accidents.)
Vacuum up the baking soda the following day and then inspect the area for any obvious stains which could be causing the smell.
Spot handle marks using a moist clean cloth and liquid detergent. Blot instead of rub the stain to lift away of the dirt.
Ways to Eradicate Pet Odour from Bedding & Clothes
The easiest way to get bedding and clothing smelling fresh and nice is to put them in the washing machine using a top excellent detergent such as Surf. Wherever possible wash duvets, pillow covers, and blankets on your washing machine based on the care label and the instructions on the face of the detergent bottle. You should take any large specialist things like carpets to your regional dry cleaning specialist.
You understand how to remove dog odor in the house (along with a whole slew of additional animal odours), you can concentrate on enjoying the company of your furry friends!
Pets are such fun to have around, but keeping a pet buddy means you also will need to take extra care to keep up the cleanliness of your home. Whether or not you want to know how to get rid of cat pee smells, or simply freshen up animal-friendly locations, we have put together this guide to removing pet odours so that you can be sure to get the job done quickly and with the minimum amount of fuss.
Identify the Main Sources of Pet Smell in Your House
If you want to learn how to get rid of pet smells, you want to take into account where they come from in the first place, and know exactly where to clean to keep your home smelling fresh.
Pet odours may come from:
- Indoor litter trays
- Dirty cages or tanks
- Soft furnishings and bedding where pets have a spent quite a while sitting or lying down
- Hair thinning and moulting
- Sweating and scent marking
- Dog pee smell from injuries while puppy training
To Eliminate pet odours from your home you need to:
- Empty litter trays, cages, and tanks regularly. Disinfect where possible to keep smelly germs .
- Clean soft furnishings and bedding regularly (see below).
- Often vacuum soft furnishings, carpets and floors to pick up hair.
- If there has been an accident, eliminate cat urine odor or dog urine odor by washing tiled, wooden, or lino floors with a disinfectant. This can also get rid marking secretions.
- Take your pet for routine check-ups in the vet to capture any underlying health problems.